If you need to cancel your reservation, please apply within 14 days after the deposit is paid, otherwise the deposit cannot be refunded.
COOLING OFF PERIOD
If you choose to cancel your stay (provided you have not collected keys and moved into the accommodation already) you have the right to 14 days cooling off period after paying your Holding Deposit to cancel and receive a full refund of any monies paid.
You need to write or send an email to email@example.com any time during the 14 days.
If you chose to cancel your stay with Xenia Students after the 14 days and the holding deposit “Deadline for Agreement” date has passed, Xenia Students will be entitled to retain your Holding Deposit paid.
CANCELLATIONS PRE-MOVE IN (BEFORE 31ST JULY)
If you choose to cancel your stay with Xenia students after the 14-day cooling off period and have signed a tenancy agreement with Xenia Students but is before 31st July on the chosen year of study, Xenia Students will re-advertise the room for occupation of a new tenant. The cancellation request must be made in writing to either the local Accommodation Team or firstname.lastname@example.org and must have been received before the 31st July on the chosen year of study. You will receive confirmation in writing to confirm receipt of acceptance of your cancellation. Please note that the holding deposit will be retained by Xenia Students.
CANCELLATIONS PRE-MOVE IN (AFTER 31ST JULY)
If you choose to cancel your stay with Xenia students after the 14-day cooling off period and have signed a tenancy agreement with Xenia Students but is after the 31st July on the chosen year of study you and any guarantor may be held liable to the terms of your tenancy agreement.
You may be eligible to be released from your agreement, if you are a first-year prospective undergraduate student and your offer of a place at your chosen University / higher educational institution is withdrawn as a result of you not achieving the required entry grades.
You may also be eligible to be released from your agreement, if you have surpassed your required entry grades and have chosen to go to a different University.
In order to meet these criteria, you will need to provide Xenia Students with the following documents (below) within seven calendar days from the date your results are published. Upon receipt of these documents, they will be assessed and provided Xenia Students are satisfied as to the validity of the documents provided, we will cancel your agreement and refund any security deposit and or/ rent paid.
• A written copy of the rejection letter from your chosen university / higher educational institution
• A screenshot of your UCAS status which confirms that the required results were not achieved
• A written copy of the proof of acceptance to your new university by UCAS adjustment
For clarity contracts will only be relinquished on the set conditions above prior to move in, all tenants in occupation of a property are subject to the conditions in 3.3. Cancellation requests must be sent to either the local Accommodation Team or email@example.com
CANCELLATIONS POST MOVE IN
if for any reason you decide to leave during your contract the Landlord will need to be contacted for permission for you to do so. The Landlord may agree to release you on the following conditions:
• You find a suitable replacement to take over your tenancy. The person taking over the tenancy will be required to meet all verification requirements under 1.4 of this document and the contract length for the new tenancy can be longer but must not be shorter than the remaining tenancy in place
• The replacement tenant sought must agree to the terms and conditions of booking
• The replacement tenant sought must sign a new tenancy agreement and pay sums of money due within the agreement
• The replacement tenant sought must be over the age of 18 and enrolled in full time education in proximity to the area of accommodation
• You agree to not sublet the tenancy created by the tenancy agreement to anyone without written consent from Xenia Students
• Any refunds due of pro rata rent / security deposit will not be paid until the replacement tenant sought (and any associated guarantor) has met the verification process as set out in 1.4 of this document, has signed the tenancy agreement, has paid any funds due for the tenancy and has moved into the accommodation.
• The security deposit will be refunded once the above criteria has been met and an assessment has been made by way of check out inspection for any dilapidations beyond fair wear and tear, damages or arrears.
• A charge of £50 (Fifty Pounds) will be asked for by the exiting tenant for the variation of a tenancy as allowed for under The Tenant Fee Act 2019, Schedule 1 Subsection 6 (Permitted Payments, Payment on variation, assignment of novation of a tenancy)
• Should you fail to find a replacement tenant to take over your tenancy, you and any associated guarantor will be held responsible under all terms of the contract for the duration of the tenancy agreement.