Once a booking is processed, the student has 7 days to accept the offer. It means for the student and the guarantor to accept the contract and pay the £250 advance rent payment. (For bookings in England only. No Advance Rent Payment is required for bookings in Scotland).
Once these steps are done, the booking is completed.
If one of the step is not completed within these 7 days, the offer will expire.
If the student still wants a room, we can re-process a booking, but we cannot guarantee that the same room or the same price will be available.
Once the booking is completed, the student has another 7 days to change their mind and cancel their booking without any reasons. This is called the cooling-off period.
Conditions for cancellation
Passed these 7 days, the student remains liable for the rent for the whole length of the tenancy unless they want to cancel with one of these 3 conditions:
- No Place No Pay: if the student fails their exams or is rejected by the UK University, the student needs to send us the university rejection letter, or proof that the exam results don’t meet the requirements of the university, and we will cancel the booking and refund the money to the student. The student must send us the proof documents within 7 days of receiving them. This policy is valid until the 15th September.
- For January 2021 start dates, our cancellation deadline for No Place No Pay and No Visa No Pay is on the 30th November 2020.
- No Visa No Pay: if the student doesn’t get their visa to come and study in the UK, the student must send us the visa application rejection letter within 7 days of receiving it and we will cancel the booking and refund the money to the student. This policy is valid until the 15th September.
The cancellation requests along with the proof documents must be sent by the student, from the email address they have registered their account with Unite.
The email must be sent either from the student to the agent, and then the agent contacts our teams.
Replacement tenant found: if the student finds a replacement tenant to take over his room with the same tenancy length and same weekly rate, we can process the booking for the new student, and once the offer has been accepted by the new student and his guarantor, and that they have paid the £250 (if applicable), we will release the original student from their contract.
Passed the 15th September, the No Place No Pay and No Visa No Pay do not apply.
The student remains liable for the rent unless they find a replacement.
1. Unless you have already collected the keys to the accommodation, you may cancel your booking by e-mail at any time during the 7 days after we send you an e-mail confirming your booking is complete (the “7 Day Cooling-Off Period”). If you do that, we will make no charge and will return your any deposit or any payment of advance rent to you.
2. Provided the 7 Day Cooling-Off-Period has expired, you will have to pay all amounts due under your Tenancy Agreement unless a replacement Tenant is found for your Room or you enter into a new Tenancy. If a replacement Tenant is found for your Room before your start date, we will release you from your Tenancy Agreement on the date seven days after the new Tenant’s Tenancy Agreement is signed. If a replacement Tenant is found for your Room after your start date, we will release you from your Tenancy Agreement from the start date of the replacement Tenant's new Tenancy Agreement. If you have occupied the Room prior to this, you will be charged £50.00 to cover our costs of preparing the Room for the replacement Tenant.
3. No Place No Pay – applicable to 1st year students only
If you are a prospective first year undergraduate student and your offer of a place at your preferred University/Higher Education Institution is withdrawn by the University/Higher Education Institution as a result of you not achieving their required entry grades, you may be eligible to be released from this agreement. You may also be eligible to be released from this agreement if you are a prospective first year undergraduate student and you choose to go to a different University because you have exceeded your expected grades. To apply to be released from this agreement in the circumstances referred to above, you will need to supply us with a copy of:
• a written rejection letter from your chosen university/college or UCAS or a screen shot of your UCAS status which confirms that the required results were not achieved; or
• a copy of the proof of acceptance of your new university by UCAS adjustment.
These document(s) must be received by us within 7 calendar days from the date your results are published. Please send the documentation by email. On receipt of the required documentation it will be verified and, provided we are satisfied, we will cancel your agreement and refund any deposit or advance rent paid in full.
If you are:
• a student moving to the United Kingdom from overseas for the first time to undertake study at a UK University;
• have made a booking for a room with Unite Students; and
• you are not already residing in the UK or have not previously attended a UK university.
this policy shall apply in addition to the standard Cancellation Policies.
1. Up to the 31st August you may cancel your Booking if you have been rejected from the UK University that you have applied for and we will not charge you any fee and will refund your deposit or any advance payment rent;