Αν χρειαστεί να ακυρώσεις την κράτησή σου, παρακαλούμε κάνε αίτηση μέσα σε 7 μέρες μετά την καταβολή της, αλλιώς η προκαταβολή δεν θα επιστραφεί.
We operate a 7 day “cooling off” period after you have secured your room with a paid deposit and signed your contract.
We also offer you the ability to cancel your tenancy after this point in certain circumstances, such as;
Your UK Visa application has been denied
You have failed to obtain the required qualifications to get into your first University of choice
Extenuating circumstances e.g. ill-health, family circumstances
Where proof is required, this must be emailed to site, then the request to cancel will be considered. If you have failed to obtain your grades to attend university or your UK visa has been denied, the proof must be supplied and emailed to the site at the earliest opportunity and at least within 72-hours of you being notified. On receipt of the proof we will cancel your booking and refund your full deposit. You will no longer be liable for the contractual obligations in your tenancy agreement. If you are no longer attending university or live away from home due to extenuating circumstances, then please contact the property team.
Tenancy Cancellation and Amendments Terms & Conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions
1. All request to cancel/replace tenancy must be received in writing with supporting evidence to the onsite teams. This must be submitted no less than 14 days before the tenancy start date.
2. Applications will only be considered where the tenancy agreement has been signed by tenant and guarantor (where applicable).
3. Replacement tenant/s must meet our standard criteria and may be refused
4. Subletting your room is prohibited.
5. All offers are subject to availability, Abodus are not obliged to release you from your tenancy.
6. Any decision made by Abodus is final and is not subject to appeal.
7. You cannot live on the property until the tenancy start date.
8. If you have signed a joint tenancy agreement, your co-tenant must also agree to the cancellation/amendment of the tenancy.
9. Any cashback or incentives will be cancelled with your tenancy, you will not be entitled to any full or part payout of these offers.
10. New or Replacements tenancies must be signed within 7 days of issue.
11. You will be required to repay any cashback that has been paid if you cancel or change your booking, this will be calculated on a pro-rata basis.
12. A £50 administration charge will apply (7 days cooling-off period & Special circumstances exempt).
13. All outstanding balances must be paid in full before you can be released from the tenancy.
14. If your request to cancel/amend is not approved, you will remain liable for the full tenancy agreement.
15. You will remain liable for the whole tenancy if you fail to inform us of your need to cancel after the tenancy start date.
16. Deposit refunds due will be refunded, minus deductions, no more than 30 days from the end of your tenancy, or on receipt of valid bank details.
17. The instalment due dates will remain unchanged.
18. All tenancies start on a Saturday unless stated otherwise on your tenancy agreement.
19. The standard cancellation policy will apply for a request received after the tenancy start date.
20. Normal check-out inspection will apply, and any reinstatement costs will need to be paid before your move.
21. Abodus reserve the right to amend or remove this offer without prior notice.
In addition to our standard terms and conditions, the following apply:
Cancel booking during ‘Cooling Off Period’
1. We will not charge you any fees and will return your deposit to you within 30 days of cancellation.
2. Once you receive confirmation you will no longer be liable for the contractual obligations set out in the Tenancy Agreement.
Cancel Booking After 7-Day cooling off period
1. If the start date of the tenancy agreement for the replacing tenant begins after the start date on your tenancy, you will not be released from your obligations until the beginning of the new tenancy.
2. You will be liable for any rent due, from your tenancy start date up to the new tenancy start date.
3. Your co-tenant must also meet the cancellation criteria and sign a new agreement within 7 days of your request to cancel or you will both be liable for the tenancy obligations.
4. If you fail to arrange a suitable replacement tenant, you will remain liable for the full agreement.
5. If you have occupied the room before the new tenant, normal check out inspection will apply, and any reinstatement costs will be retained from your deposit.
6. If your request to cancel is approved before your check-in date with no supporting evidence or replacement tenant your full deposit will be withheld. Notice to cancel must be received in writing at least 7 days before your tenancy start date.
1. If you fail to obtain the required grades, you are required to email the onsite team within 72 hours of you receiving your notification, including your UCAS notification confirming your grades.
2. You must provide confirmation of your university withdrawal no later than 31st October 2020, any cashback or incentives will be cancelled with your tenancy, you will not be entitled to any full or part payout of these offers.
3. If your UK Visa Application is denied, you are required to email the onsite team within 72 hours of receiving your Visa notification, including your Visa refusal documentation.
4. The deposit will be refunded, and booking cancelled, providing your request and evidence is received within the specified timescale.
5. Deposits will be retained in full if you fail to provide our onsite teams with suitable evidence within the specified timescales.
1. The deferral offer applies to new and existing customers who booked directly with Abodus Student Living and have signed their original tenancy agreement for the 2020/21 academic year on or before the 28th August 2020.
2. Once agreed, we will amend the new tenancy start date without penalties or additional costs, if your University or HEI has delayed your course learning start date due to COVID-19. Standard T&C’s apply for late payments.
3. To be eligible for this offer your tenancy agreement must be for 44 weeks, and check-in no later than 31st October 2020.
4. Your learning date must be deferred by your University or HEI by at least 4 weeks due to COVID-19.
5. This offer does not apply to courses that initially start online.
6. The deferral offer is not available for every site.
7. The full term of your agreement will run, no refund will be due for any unused term of your tenancy.
8. To be eligible for this offer you must complete the web application form by the 20th August 2020, this form will be made available on our student portal from the 10th August 2020.
9. Once verified we will issue you a new tenancy agreement, this must be signed by tenant and guarantor (if applicable) within 72 hours of issue.
10. Applications received after midnight on the 20th August 2020 will not be considered for deferral.
11. Any tenancy approved for deferral will not be eligible for the 14-day free self-isolate offer
12. Cashback payments for Liverpool and PGSV will be deferred and paid by the end of January 2021, additional cashback terms apply.
1. Supporting evidence must be in the form of an official government email or statement.
Tenancy Release – Special circumstances
1. Each request made under special circumstances will be a review on an individual case.
2. The request must be made by the tenant unless they are incapacitated in which case an application can be made by a parent/guardian or a person holding a recognised Power of Attorney.
3. Requests will not be considered if the account is in arrears, unless in extenuating circumstances detailed in our policy.
1. Any additional rent due for the semester must be paid in full before the move is completed. Your account will be adjusted to the new amount owed for future payments.
2. All room moves are subject to rent accounts being fully up to date.
14-day Free Isolation T&C’s
1. Applies to students affected by the UK government isolation restrictions.
2. Only valid for 20/21 tenancy agreements.
3. If the tenancy is cancelled before the 31st December 2020, the tenant will be required to pay for the two weeks at tenancy rate.
4. 14-day Isolation must end before the tenancy start date (as stated in our tenancy agreement)
5. Additional days between tenancy start date and end of isolation will be charged at tenancy rate.
6. Joint tenancies must isolate at the same time.
7. The application form will be available on our system by 1st August 2020 and must be completed 15th August 2020. Applications received after this date will not be considered.