Love cooking at home? The brilliant Jess from @CookingWithJessRaqs joined us to do a cooking demo for the fluffiest pancakes!
If you missed Jess’s demo on Instagram, no fear, as we have the recipe and ingredients list if you want to give it a go when cooking at home! Fluffy American style pancakes are a perfect go-to no matter what time of the day. Using simple, cheap ingredients, and doesn’t require massive amounts of prep, pancakes are not only delicious but a good all-rounder in the kitchen.
To get started, here’s a list of things you will need:
Egg mixture (wet ingredients)
* 2 Eggs
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (5ml)
* 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter (30ml)
* 1 Cup Milk (240ml)
* 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour (210g)
* 3 Tablespoons Sugar (36g)
* 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder (10g)
* 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda (5g)
* 1 Teaspoon Salt
Okay, now you have your ingredients, grab a frying pan and let’s get cooking at home!
1. In one bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and milk until well combined. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir together just until combined, do not over mix.
4. Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Grease with cooking spray. Spoon the batter onto the pan forming a circle. Use about a third cup of batter per pancake.
5. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until edges are dry and top begins to bubble, then flip the pancake over. Continue to cook until underside is done, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter.
And there you have it, a simple recipe to produce the fluffiest of pancakes. If you liked the demo, why not give Jess a follow on: @CookingWithJessRaqs. We have gone for a simple blueberry and raspberry topping with maple syrup, a tasty option for brunch when cooking at home. The only real question is – what topping will you put on yours?